Critical job performance areas include excellent oral and written communication skills, proficiency in message distribution through traditional and social media channels, volunteer recruitment and engagement, event coordination, website management, email marketing platform use, and some media asset production. A strong conservation ethic and interest in the environment is required. The Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director.
Please submit cover letter, résumé, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “CEC Applicant” by August 15, 2023
Please do not reply to this email communication with any inquiries or applications.
Printable PDF of full job announcment can be downloaded HERE.
• Engage with community outreach and education committee to advance SLA mission.
• Work with web designer, Executive Director, Board, and consultants in updating and optimizing website.
• Work with social media sub-committee to coordinate and design email and social media communications for development (membership/Legacy Fund) and program functions of the SLA.
• Coordinate and assist creating photo and video content for website, traditional, and social media.
• Provide periodic reports that track and assess growth in community engagement.
• Coordinate the production and distribution of SLA’s digital and printed materials (Legacy Fund, program invitations, slide presentations, reports, manuals, etc.).
• Become proficient at paid social media advertising and coordinate its use, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
• Assist with the general communication duties of the organization, including newsletters, email campaigns, and press releases.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of Special Events, Annual Meeting, Board and Committee Meetings, and Community Outreach Events, including securing location or virtual meeting platform and assist in preparing associated materials and documents.
• Coordinate volunteer needs via support recruitment, retention, and training for special and educational events as well as citizen science programs.
• Support technology needs with online, in-person, and hybrid meetings and outreach programs.
• Support outreach to new and enhanced engagement of existing stakeholders – members, critical decision makers, community partners
• Assist with administrative and operations support as assigned by Executive Director.
• Complete special projects as needed for the organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills in establishing successful working relationships both internally and externally
• Strong organizational (time management) and problem-solving skills
• Experience with graphic design software programs such as Canva, and a basic understanding of video editing concepts
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and Google Workspace applications
• A basic understanding of website design, familiarity with WordPress a plus
• Willingness to learn new software programs and database systems as needed, familiarity with MailChimp desired
• Must be able to work well independently and as a member of a team
• Must have own transportation and the flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
Qualifications and Experience:
• Post-secondary education and/or equivalent experience in communications, event management, or environmental field
• Marketing and/or media relations experience is an asset
Desired Personal Characteristics:
• Strong conservation ethic and passion for the environment