Skaneateles Lake Association, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation and a member of the New York State Federation of Lake Associations and the Finger Lakes Regional Watershed Alliance (FLRWA). Nov 1st 2014
- In 1969, the Skaneateles Lake Pure Water Association, Inc. was incorporated to protect and preserve Skaneateles Lake and its watershed.
- In 1971 it received federal tax exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- In 1992 the Tri County Skaneateles Lake Association, an unincorporated association, was formed to continue and expand the work of the corporation.
- In 1999, these entities were merged and an amendment was filed with the State of New York changing the name to the Tri County Skaneateles Lake Pure Water Association, Inc., a not-for-profit corporation. Our tax exempt status was continued and all contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- In January 2011, the Board of Directors of the Tri-County Skaneateles Lake Pure Water Association, Inc. voted to change its name to the Skaneateles Lake Association, Inc. and legally assume Tri-County’s tax-exempt status.