SLA Seeks Lakeside Memberships
In 2015 the Skaneateles Lake Association put down benthic matting over 5 acres of significant milfoil growth, hand harvest milfoil in other areas that could not be matted, and inspected and cleaned, as necessary, 3617 boats to prevent the introduction of potential invasive vegetable and animal species into Skaneateles Lake. This work was only able to be done because we had the funds. Those funds come almost exclusively from the annual membership fees and additional donations of members who joined the SLA. Getting our fund balance to point where we can comfortably contract for the work that needs to be done in 2016 is going to require more 2015 annual memberships. We are specifically looking for 2015 annual memberships at this time from:
- 200 members from 2014 who have not rejoined for 2015.
- 500 Skaneateles lakefront or lakerights owners have not joined for 2015 and especially the 400 of these who have never joined the SLA or contributed to the Milfoil Project.
- 150 Spafford lakefront owners who have not joined the SLA in 2015 and especially the 100 of these who have never joined the SLA or contributed to the Milfoil Project.
- 130 Niles lakefront owners who have not joined in 2015 and especially the 100 of these who have never joined the SLA or contributed to the Milfoil Project.
- 22 Scott, lakefront owners have not joined in 2015 and especially the 17 of these who have never joined the SLA or contributed to the Milfoil Project.
- 35 Sempronius lakefront owners have not joined the SLA in 2015 and especially the 13 of these of these who have never joined the SLA or contributed to the Milfoil Project.
To join the SLA as a 2015 annual member please:
Go SkaneatelesLake.org and registering as a member; or
Call 315-685-9106, ask for a registration form to be mailed to you, complete the form and mail it with your check to the Skaneateles Lake Association P. O. Box 862 Skaneateles, NY 13152; or
Use the registration slip on the bottom of this summer’s SLA newsletter, complete the form and mail it with your check to the Skaneateles Lake Association P. O. Box 862 Skaneateles, NY 13152.
The SLA thanks the following individuals for their additional donations in support of the Milfoil Boat and the Lake Stewards.
Milfoil Boat Sponsors: Sept. 8 William Kopp, Ham Fish, Kathy & Dan Mezzalingua; Sept. 9 Lisa & Daniel Riordan, Virginia & Gerald Shanley; The Coppo Family, Mary & Joseph Gaffney; Sept. 10 Maggie & Ed Dienst; Sept. 11 Sherill & David Ketchum; Sept. 13 Eleanor & Joseph Hubbard, Nancy Thomas & Chris Legg, Elet & John Callahan, elizabth Liddy; Sept. 15 Nancy & Ted Norman, Lorraine Gudas in memory of Stuart Kagel: Sept. 16 Mark Congel, Sept. 17 Shirley Feldman, Sept. 18 & 21 Mary Ellen & Joseph Hennigan; Sept. 21 -25 & Sept. 28 – 30 The Kaufman Foundation; Sept. 31 Karen & Chris Kriedler, Cate & Sally, Rober Congel; Oct. 1 Christine & James Hueber, Carol Aroesty, Ten Mile Point South Cottage Owners Association; Oct. 2 Margaret O’Connell & Eric Allyn, Patricia & Ralph Troisi, Sheila & Kennthe Weldon.
Steward Sponsors: Aug 18 Gail & Christopher Booth, Aug. 19 Joanne Viggiano & Kenneth Cannon; Aug. 20 The O’Keefe Family, Aug. 21 Mary Pat & Dan Suits, Aug. 22 Anonymous, Aug. 23 – 27 Donations to the Hardy Fund made by Maureen & Brian Hawkins, Robert Hoson, Ellen & Todd Donovan, Sharon and John Paddock, Susan & James Solomon & Mary and Ed Blum.
Source: Skaneateles Journal